This is probably the most famous model in origami and is probably the first thing I learned how to fold. Supposedly if you fold a thousand of these you get a ton of good luck.
1) Start off with a Bird Base. Once you have the Bird Base you’re actually almost done.
2) Fold a side to the center line following my black line.
3) This is what it looks like after that fold.
4) Do the same thing to the other side.
5) Once you’ve folded both those sides flip the model over and fold both the sides to the center again.
6) Now you want to make a Valley fold along the black line.
7) This is what the fold looks like.
8) Flip the model over and fold along the same crease but in the other direction. We’re going to do an Inside Reverse Fold here.
9) Here we are making an Inside Reverse Fold with the creases we just made.
10) Here is what the model looks like after the fold is complete.
11) Do steps 6 to 10 on the other side so your model looks like the one in the picture.
12) We’re now going to do another Inside Reverse Fold to make the head. Fold the paper one way.
13) Fold the paper the other way on the other side.
14) Make an Inside Reverse Fold on those two creases you just made. My Crane’s head doesn’t look that great because the paper I’m using is really thick.
15) Fold the wings down and you have the completed Crane.